Today, I think everyone confided with me that they don't like being where they are. And though I'm pretty depressed and upset with how I am, I think....I am happy with where I am, and from the way it sounds, I'm the only one.
One friend wanted to go back to 2006, another to January, and other various time slots either in the past or near future. But, I just had to yell at them "Am I the only one happy with where I am? WIth the people I'm with? With what I do? Sure, things are pretty shitty but you just gotta live through it." At the same discussion, my friend decided to get angry about everyone changing, and yeah we all are changing, we're all in college and doing our things and nothing can stay the same. I've changed, I know I have, and everyone has even again since hitting college, or from learning and being around them more, but you can't get angry at that. When you get angry at people for changing, the only one who loses is you. Sure, you might get angry and try and change someone, but it won't work, it's not how they're supposed to go in this ebb and flow of time. Why bother getting angry, all you do is simply put a downer on yourself? And as the years go by and people leave and enter life, you realize that you can just...let it happen. This is life, change is life. You can either fight change and be stubborn, or you can go with it. Just live you life as well as you can, and see that my words hold true. Getting angry at change is absolutely foolish...and you lose what makes you awesome, your happiness. You can be upset for a while about it, i'll let you do that. But you have to learn to let things go. You can't hold down time...and you can't live in the past. The world of "what if" is a horrible world for anyone to live in.... and I'll miss anyone stuck there. I just rambled on a bunch, but....hopefully that made enough sense for it to stick in....
"As we go through life, we really dont' change. We just become more of the same. You look around as the years go back, and it seems a valid premise; people don't change. As a matter of fact, most of us resist change very strongly. Yet change is a sure thing. The only variable is rate; slow as we read as evolution, and fast as revolution."
- Some sample from the Sabrepulse song "Forget"
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment